CHINESE HO EXHIBITION LAYOUT

TEAMYAKIMA

Re: CHINESE HO EXHIBITION LAYOUT

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:53 am

Here is an update - the cycle park is now finished, the backscene is 99% finished but needs some work as it sags a bit on the r/h end where it joins the next board - notice the pencil lines to show how we will improve it.

TEAMYAKIMA

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:44 am

One criticism/comment that I have received (and I acknowledge) is that originally the front of the layout is 'dead' - all the detail is at the back.

One viewer said that I needed a Faller roadway at the front to add interest - I replied that we had had a Faller roadway in place since day , but that we had never had time to develop it. The issue is that it needs to be 100% reliable - 99% is not good enough! We don't have a spare operator to monitor it and so we need to start it off when the show open and except for re-charging batteries we need to forget about it.

With so much time on my hands the Faller system has been a priority now. We're getting there, here is a video and look for the truck doing a little wiggle around the parked estate car …

https://youtu.be/-HzqN3XqFcY

TEAMYAKIMA

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:21 pm

I've been improving operation of the Faller roadway.

I don't want the same vehicle endlessly going round and round - very unrealistic - I want variety!

This video shows how I have gone about this at one end.

https://youtu.be/IMo6VosE5dE

IanAlan

Post by IanAlan » Sun May 24, 2020 11:41 am

I'm wondering how you are getting on with the roadway and the backscene. I'd love to see some photos of the developments.

TEAMYAKIMA

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » Sun May 24, 2020 1:24 pm

BACKSCENE

On hold, no progress since lockdown - TBH 99% of the work being done by team member Gordon Massey - I've set the spec but he has done all the work at his place. There still needs to be some alterations as I said a few weeks ago, but he hasn't been round - for obvious reasons.

ROADWAY

Lots of progress - in fact I think 99% done

I'll try to post something in the next 24 hours - it will take some thinking about

TEAMYAKIMA

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:25 pm

Many apologies for not posting lately.

I must admit that I haven't done any work on the layout for the last 3/4 weeks. My layout is purely for use at exhibitions and with no exhibitions I have no incentive to do any work on it.

I will do my best to post more on the roadway system as soon as possible.

TEAMYAKIMA

Post by TEAMYAKIMA » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:44 am

EPSON031.JPG
EPSON031.JPG (206.92 KiB) Viewed 175 times

I thought I would post a photo of one of the real locations which inspired my layout. and this was Chengde in 1996.

These are the two bankers waiting to be added to coal trains going up the 1/30 grade to the steelworks just outside of town.