If you are having issues viewing the forum or logging in, the recommendation is to log out and then clear all Cookies and the browser cache from your web browser. Usually accessed via the Browsers Settings icon. Then log in with your Forum user name and password. (Don't forget to tick the 'Remember me' box).

Mountain Goat Waggon & Carriage Works.

Bandit Mick

Re: Mountain Goat Waggon & Carriage Works.

Post by Bandit Mick »

Nice job MG! This is what I like most about our hobby - modellers like yourself using innovative ideas and stuff you often have lying around to model with rather than just buying pre-made. There are people up and down the country beavering away in garages and sheds being creative and trying things out. Great stuff!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks. That loco is from a kit but a lot of what I have made is scratchbuilt. I love this scale and gauge because while there is a need to make everything, using basic 00 gauge mechanisms things are not that difficult, though I have been struggling this last year or so to do anything much. (Hence you may have noticed more pictures of various tools rather then the things I have made).
To beginners, I reccomend to start with hand tools and go from there. The first power tool is always going to be a good quality mini drill, and then a soldering iron with a some sort of decent stand.
Enjoying freelance modelling in 7mm narrow gauge Feel free to ask questions relating to the Mountain Goats Waggon & Carriage Works thread.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Some photos of the progress so far:-
Attachments
20201122_142949-1.jpg
20201122_142949-1.jpg (448.75 KiB) Viewed 23 times
20201122_143009-1.jpg
20201122_143009-1.jpg (522.4 KiB) Viewed 23 times
Enjoying freelance modelling in 7mm narrow gauge Feel free to ask questions relating to the Mountain Goats Waggon & Carriage Works thread.