If you are having issues viewing the forum or logging in, the recommendation is to log out and then clear all Cookies and the browser cache from your web browser. Usually accessed via the Browsers Settings icon. Then log in with your Forum user name and password. (Don't forget to tick the 'Remember me' box).

Unable to log In

Latest site news and information
Brian
Site Admin

Unable to log In

Post by Brian »

On advice from the phpBB Techies, I have this evening altered the forums Cookie settings.
It may mean you have to once again clear all Cookies and cache from your web browser to be able to log in correctly.

I am so sorry if this causes you log in issues . I'm following technical advice way above my pay grade!
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
yelrow

Re: Unable to log In

Post by yelrow »

Well, it now works from my desktop, thanks, FB. Will try ipad later.
Paul-H

Post by Paul-H »

I can login fine on my desktop PC but via my tablet it refuses to accept my username or password and says my email address is not recognised. I am using Chrome on both.

Paul
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

On your Tablet you will need to clear all previously stored Cookies and at the same time clear the cache too. You may have to do this twice or more, especially if the tablet has what is known as Persistent cache. (iPads are particularly renown for this!).
Don't forget that if you have more than one browser on a device this will need doing for each browser.

Another tip is if you're using previously stored Bookmarks to access the log in to the forum, then delete that bookmark for the forum and then in the URL heading type in full (Do not allow autofill to complete the text) HTTPS://www.modelrailwayforum.co.uk Assuming you're then able to access the log in panel and are successful in gaining entry correctly, save that URL as a new Bookmark. :D
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website