If you are having issues viewing the forum or logging in, the recommendation is to log out and then clear all Cookies and the browser cache from your web browser. Usually accessed via the Browsers Settings icon. Then log in with your Forum user name and password. (Don't forget to tick the 'Remember me' box).

Hattons class 66

Here you can review a new or older model. Be honest in the review. Please observe the forum rules when posting. Especially item 7.
Phil s

Hattons class 66

Post by Phil s »

I know the class 66 is not everybody's cup of tea, but they are a big part of the modern railway scene.
When Hattons announced they were going to do one and we're hailing it as a big leap forward on the bachy and Hornby offerings I thought I'd get one ordered. It came just before Christmas but only just had time to have a proper play.
Firstly it weighs a lot more than the bachmann one ( I've got 4 of these). The next thing I noticed was 2 of the axle boxes that they made a big fuss over (they rotate) had come off, that took some time to get them back on ( not sure they will stay on tbh). It's a nice smooth runner when you get it on the track, even at very low speeds.
Is it a big leap forward? The lights are better, bachy in general are just a bit too bright in my opinion. It's very well detailed model but I'm not sure it's a game changer. I would be interested in hearing what you guys think, ( hopefully the photos will come out ok, first time posting on here and I'm not that good with I.T)

vespa

Re: Hattons class 66

Post by vespa »

There seems to be a lot of these hitting Hattons secondhand section (possibly returns)
Train enthusiast from the 50's. Started with Hornby Dublo.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Having watched a couple of YouTube videos, both owners had to virtually rebuild the loco's. One derailed on every set of points it crossed - axle boxes out of alignment. Once rebuilt both said it was a fantastic loco. Sorry this was a negative comment, but at least once fixed a very positive result. BB
Tomorrow will be a good day. - Capt.Sir Tom Moore
Phil s

Post by Phil s »

Not had an any issues with mine apart from the axle box things coming off .