If you are having issues viewing the forum or logging in, the recommendation is to log out and then clear all Cookies and the browser cache from your web browser. Usually accessed via the Browsers Settings icon. Then log in with your Forum user name and password. (Don't forget to tick the 'Remember me' box).

Windows.

Your place to show and describe in detail and with photos how you produced a specific item of modelling. Rolling stock, Building or something related.
Nine Elms

Windows.

Post by Nine Elms »

Good afternoon.

Some of you maybe aware of this. I needed to put some windows in my recently made train shed and did not know what to use! The other day I laminated a notice and as it happened it did not fill the pouch. Looking at the area not containing the paper it struck me it would make good "window glass" So I laminated a pouch, without paper, and low and behold window glass. It is not too thick and is clear.

Hope this is of use?

John
Walkingthedog

Re: Windows.

Post by Walkingthedog »

I take it you are referring to a model shed.
Nurse, the screens!
Nine Elms

Post by Nine Elms »

Yes. It is double engine shed built from scratch using picture mountboard. New to this model lark, but learning a lot and making mistakes so at the moment it is a steep learning curve.

John
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

The laminate pouches are a good idea.
Nurse, the screens!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I've never used them as they are too delicate, but when clearing out my mother-in-laws garage a few years ago, I found two packs of glass slides, that I assume were to be used with a microscope. They are glass, and about 00 gauge window sized. So if you wanted to be absolutely authentic with a model building you could have real glass windows. Oh! needless to say they are now in my model box - they didn't get thrown away :lol:
Tomorrow will be a good day. - Capt.Sir Tom Moore
teedoubleudee

Post by teedoubleudee »

I just use the clear plastic trays that many food stuffs come in, sticks fine with stupid glue.
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician