Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Construction > Members layouts

Members layouts Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects

Old 15-10-2017, 01:55 PM   #41
Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the layout you are making. I'm just catching up on threads I've missed. You are certainly having fun!
A slight word of warning through past experience. Bulbs get hot. We had a lucky one when my brother and I were in our teens. We slept in bunk beds in the one bedroom. My brother had this glow in the dark plastic ghost figure. He used a battery and a bulb to light it from inside. He had fallen asleep with it on and the heat from the bulb melted through the plastic and I could smell burning. His matress was smouldering. No sooner had we taken his mattress outside the front of the house when it suddenly caught fire and in seconds it was totally ablaze! So I will say to make sure any bulbs in buildings dont actually touch cardboard or other flammable surfaces. Just as a precaution. They look very effective though.
12v bulbs can be dulled to a lovely yellow glow by wiring two in series so in effect 6 volts passes through them instead of 12. I used to do this on my last layout for the bulbs in the control panel and the signal bulbs etc.
Mountain Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 04:51 PM   #42
chris_db4

chris_db4 is on a distinguished road

Glad you like it, fun is a major part of the drive and while others can do wonders with scatter materials and things I'm opting for an easy base that can be improved.

as for lamps in buildings they are all LED's currently brightness needs tweeked but I am happy they wont go on fire (gets bucket of sand ready)
chris_db4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #43
dynax

dynax is on a distinguished road

looks alright to me, coming on now,

Give a man a fish and it will feed him for a day,
teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day!!
dynax is offline   Reply With Quote