Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Construction > Product Review

Product Review A place to give open and honest reviews of new or older model railway related products. Please observe forum rule 6 when posting.

Old 24-09-2017, 01:55 PM   #21
Mountain Goat
Unique Member.

Mountain Goat is an unknown quantity at this point

When we went to another provider BT tried to make things difficult. The new company could not proceed and BT refused to say it was their issue as we were getting two bills! My brother sorted it out eventually.
My personal experience with BT was that I ended up having to pay an 80 bill for just short of 48 hours of continual phonecalls from my phone when I wasn't there, and when I complained the Indian operator suggested I must have not noticed I was dialing. She then suggested (As I said I wasn't there and was at my parents place) that someone had come in and dialled when I wasn't in the house. I said "Dialled 123 for 48 hours again and again without ceasing?". After I paid I had the phone dissconnected and went to a mobile instead.
I found with BT there was no one of reasonable and sensible to put issues right when they went wrong.

We are now with a good company which when we phone, they do all they can to help.

Last edited by Mountain Goat; 24-09-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Mountain Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #22
Walkingthedog
Part time idiot

Walkingthedog is on a distinguished road

I like BT, had no problems with them. Had the line go down once or twice and it was fixed very quickly. Think their call centre is up North somewhere, was when I last talked to them. They rang me to offer a substantial discount.
Old 24-09-2017, 02:24 PM   #23
Mountain Goat
Unique Member.

Mountain Goat is an unknown quantity at this point

We used to have to use BT because with the internet, they would fix issues (We used to have a very weak internet signal from here but this year it has been very good) but when we tried a different company the company would contact BT and nothing would be done. We went for a good few months with no internet due to this in the past. Yet as a BT customer it would be sorted (The internet).
My own experiences listed above were in regard to when I once had my own house and BT were using Indian call centres who (The one I contacted) had no common sense. Their actual UK repair people were good, if one had the time in queues of customers all trying to get to contact them.
The most recent issue when we changed (We only changed as their prices zoomed up and as we were an existing customer for many years, we were not eligible for the discounts advertised on the TV, or anywhere near that price) were due to price as the costs were more then my mum could afford. On changing to another company, we pay less then half BT charges. On our recent renewed contract with this other company, we are still paying a similar price to BT new customer offers, though we have the incoming call only and internet package (Which is what the BT discount package also was).
Mountain Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 02:27 PM   #24
Footplate1947
Eternal Optimist

Footplate1947 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingthedog View Post
I like BT, had no problems with them. Had the line go down once or twice and it was fixed very quickly. Think their call centre is up North somewhere, was when I last talked to them. They rang me to offer a substantial discount.
If BT ofered you something back you can bet your bottom dollar they were covering something up or making more out of you in the long run or something like. When BT phone me up I don't trust a work that comes out of their mouths.
If there rep told me the sky was blue I would have to go outside and check.
BT is not what it used to be. That is why they have lost so many customers.................John
Old 24-09-2017, 02:36 PM   #25
Walkingthedog
Part time idiot

Yeah OK. How can you say that when you have absolutely no idea about the conversation I had.
Each to his own.
Old 24-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #26
Footplate1947
Eternal Optimist

Footplate1947 is on a distinguished road

I was not talking about your conversation Brian.. I was talking about my experience of BT in the past. If you think they are great then that is up to you perhaps you have been lucky with them. But there are a lot of people who are totally cheesed off with them. And that is a fact. John
Old 24-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #27
AviatorAtHeart
Don't ask, I don't know!

AviatorAtHeart is on a distinguished road

Gentlemen.......

You can only drink so much lemonade
AviatorAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #28
Walkingthedog
Part time idiot

Everybody is affected in different ways by the companies. My daughter has had a nightmare with Sky and a friend up the road has nearly pulled what little hair he has out dealing with Virgin. I reckon better the devil you know. And that's a fact
Old 24-09-2017, 08:06 PM   #29
dtb
9C Macclesfield

dtb is on a distinguished road

hehe was agreat read until BT crept in!
Old 24-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #30
Teedoubleudee
All round good guy

Teedoubleudee is on a distinguished road

Don't get me going on BT. Just had a ding dong with them over the weekend on why it took them 6 days to send me a replacement Hub. But that wasn't the main issue I had with them, they just kept telling me lie after lie after lie. All from their call center in India. When I insisted I got put through to the complaints department, guess where it came from? The guy was so indignant when I tried to explain it was the Indian call center I was complaining about and I wanted to speak to the UK complaints team he refused to transfer me (actually he said he couldn't but that was just another lie as far as I was concerned).

Brian (WTD), you must be the only person on the planet that has a good word to say about BT customer services, I've never heard anything but or personally experienced horror stories.

By the Way, before anyone accuses me of being a racist, you could not be further from the truth. Apart from the poor quality lines and the oft language difficulty, they are fine people doing a difficult job for a could-not-care less multinational that does not train them them in the art of serving customers - they are merely actors reading from scripts and when they come to the last page of the script..........