Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Forum Information > The Welcome Forum

The Welcome Forum Just joined, say hello in here!

Old 30-03-2018, 10:54 PM   #11
conqueror060

conqueror060 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by twalton1145 View Post
Kalispera Dimitrios and welcome to the forum. Which part of that beautiful country are you from? My late wife and I had a great holiday in Zakynthos some years ago and fell in love with the country, the people, and the food.
Ted
I am from Patras, West Greece, very close to Zakynthos, and to be honest, this island is my favourite holiday destination in Greece! Very beautiful and colorful and (my personal opinion of course) the beaches here are way more beautiful even from the most of the Aegean islands!

Thank you very much for your kind words!!!
conqueror060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 11:49 PM   #12
conqueror060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
Welcome to the forum.
That's a really expensive build!
Of course! These OcCre tram kits are really enjoying to build. I have built San Francisco and Berlin trams (the first is my favourite so far and can be motorized as well) and I have stashed Lisboa and London trams which I will start very soon.

I agree that Mallard is a pain collecting the issues: I have spent almost 1.000 pounds the last two years to order most of the issues from hachette website and unfortunately I still miss issues 2 and 3 and can't find them anywhere (they are out of stock), so I'm still unable to start it until I find them. The main reason I chose this model was many good reviews I have read about the quality of the materials and the how detailed it is, as well as the magazines which have some interest information/history. I'm still not sure if I did a good choice, taking in consideration that I still can't complete the collection and the ridiculously high cost.
Old 31-03-2018, 12:50 AM   #13
Mountain Goat
Unique Member.

Mountain Goat is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you get all the parts you need. About 15-20 years ago my brother collected a series to build a radio controlled car. He was I'll one week and missed an issue. He never did get the parts he needed. The company couldn't help.

My other brother, when he was young collected Pokemon stickers to put in a book. One day he caught a virus and the result was we had to throw his sticker book. He was so disappointed, my mum wrote to the company to see if he could get another book. They not only sent him a book, but it was a complete book with every single sticker in place on each page! Someone had spent time to do this. We were well impressed!

A couple of years ago here, there was a collector series at newsagents to build a complete 00 gauge model railway. Of corse, the first issue always is attractive! It contained a MK1 coach, a piece of track and a few sheets ready to stick in a file along with a section of printed paper to stick on a board ready to make a layout. I was sceptical about it (And besides, I've always created my own thing rather then a pre conceived plan. However, fair play to the company. I heard that those who collected the whole series, all in all, didnt pay a penny more then if one had gone to a model railway shop to buy the items. (One often assumed that prices will be hiked up where one is hooked into buying to complete the collection).
So to conclude, while there are a great many companies which do the collection series thing in order to hike up prices, there are others who genuinely want to make a decent product to the customer at a fair price to help them build a decent product.
Mountain Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 08:15 AM   #14
Bulleidboy

Bulleidboy is on a distinguished road

Welcome Dimitrios - You've joined a great forum. BB
Old 31-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #15
Panniertank

Panniertank is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome to this fab forum.

John
Old 31-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #16
mijj

mijj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by conqueror060 View Post
I'm sure I will enjoy this fantastic community!

Dimitrios
Hi there Demitrios, I'm sure you will too.
Jim.
mijj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:59 PM   #17
conqueror060

Thank you once again all of you for the warm greetings!

Very soon I will have more free time to start uploading my builds.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:06 PM   #18
oncomin5torm

oncomin5torm is on a distinguished road

Welcome to this fabulous forum, I like it here and I hope you do to.
oncomin5torm is offline   Reply With Quote