Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Forum Information > The Welcome Forum

The Welcome Forum Just joined, say hello in here!

Old 05-05-2018, 09:20 AM   #11
Flashbang
Administrator

Flashbang will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum David (davyboy30).
Im sure your brother will be looking down on your work with a smile on his face.

As for Yorkshire style scenery. Have you looked at the Hornby buildings? They produce a range of items from their Skaledale range with stone/Granite style walls.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #12
Bulleidboy

Bulleidboy is on a distinguished road

A belated welcome to the forum David - I'm sorry for your loss. With that collection of loco's you could build a small heritage line - they sometime have a real mix of loco's. Best of luck and ask away with any questions. BB
Old 05-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #13
davyboy30

davyboy30 is on a distinguished road
Default Just joined

Thank you for your kind comments, you are indeed a friendly lot. I agree with you Bunkerbarge, Iím not bothered about the mix of locos from various regions, and I think what my brother had in mind was to create something of the general ,atmosphere of a rural steam railway in the 1960ís and thatís what Iím aiming for. Iíve bought some Oxford die cast vehicles of that era which I think are extremely well detailed indeed,Iím very impressed. Flashbang, all the buildings in the collection are in fact Skaledale, which, as you say, are along the ĎYorkshireí theme. I do have one or two questions however, are these Ďlaser cut cardí fencing and roadway packs any good? Or are there better quality, more popular kits out there? I can make some fencing myself from wood but will have to buy the steel security fences and the like in kits. Iím probably not in the right section To ask this I know but itís a start.
davyboy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #14
Michael P

Michael P is on a distinguished road

Welcome David. There are many kits and accessories available especially for OO modellers. Magazines have plenty of adverts as does the internet. A good local model shop could be the best place to start as you actually see what you are going to buy - until you have a bit more experience. Getting a 'steam atmosphere' definitely gives you plenty of modellers licence.
Michael P is offline   Reply With Quote