Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Construction > Members layouts

Members layouts Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects

Old 19-01-2018, 11:30 AM   #11
Bulleidboy

Bulleidboy is on a distinguished road

Hi Roger - the second picture looks like a derelict industrial site. Glad to hear your making good progress - can't wait to see how you get on with the new layout. Barry
Old 19-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #12
RogerB

RogerB is on a distinguished road

Thank you Barry. Short interlude now while I have a dip in the spa in Bath for a couple of days. Have arranged with Martin to pick up the boards and the other paraphernalia tomorrow week. R-
Old 19-01-2018, 12:46 PM   #13
Bulleidboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
Thank you Barry. Short interlude now while I have a dip in the spa in Bath for a couple of days. Have arranged with Martin to pick up the boards and the other paraphernalia tomorrow week. R-
Hi Roger - MRS has developed a lot since I was last there. It's now quite a model shop - don't go spending to much money! I don't know whether you visit Poole very often, but there is a very good model shop in the High Street ( now pedestrianised) - I don't recall the name. Barry
Old 19-01-2018, 01:24 PM   #14
RogerB

Get thee behind me Barry. R-
Old 19-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #15
Ginger The Hutt
The Token Ginger

Ginger The Hutt is on a distinguished road

Wow! I bet it feels like the end of an era?

Can't wait to see plans and progress on the new project! Good luck!
Old 27-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #16
RogerB

Boards collected as planned, now to start the construction. I can see the benefit of a dry fit (thanks, Barry) there seem to be so many pieces. Luckily it is all pre-drilled and with a bit of luck, I'll find some instructions somewhere. R-
Old 27-01-2018, 04:40 PM   #17
growler

growler is on a distinguished road

Hi Roger, just wondering if you still had the track plan layout for the board you have taken apart ? It looks good use of space as I have 7x4 board waiting for track to be placed.
growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #18
RogerB

Growler, sure. To be honest if I were to do this layout type again I would modify this plan slightly. The very inner shunting loop is R1 and very restricting as to what you can run. I didn't realise that when I put it all together a few years ago :-(.

It means taking P61, P71A and B out and making the DS at P62B and P63 a normal point. You have enough board width to do R4, R3 and R2 though if you wish.

If you want the plan and have SCARM, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the file.

R-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Current Layout - growler.jpg (297.1 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by RogerB; 27-01-2018 at 05:58 PM.
RogerB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 06:36 PM   #19
Bulleidboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
Boards collected as planned, now to start the construction. I can see the benefit of a dry fit (thanks, Barry) there seem to be so many pieces. Luckily it is all pre-drilled and with a bit of luck, I'll find some instructions somewhere. R-
Did anything temp you in the MRS shop Roger? Have you got instructions? I recall that you probably have a centre piece that runs the length of the board, and then the cross members slot in, but the cross pieces were marked, and the marks all had to be on the same side. Barry

Last edited by Bulleidboy; 27-01-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Bulleidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 06:50 PM   #20
RogerB

Yes Barry, sorely tempted, but I stayed in the parking area and had them bring it out Very nice folk I have to say.

Found instructions and seen the note about getting the x all at the same end. However that is for next week, off out tonight, rare treat - live music at our local pub. Might be as tired as a newt tomorrow. R-