Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Forum Information > Announcements & Notices

Announcements & Notices Latest site news and information

Old 10-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #11
Mike Parkes

Mike Parkes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VEP View Post
The illustrations in it were of diaoramas created by Neville Read. These feature resin buildings from the Scaledale range. It all looks very glossy, but you get the feeling that he has all the money in the world and the entire Hornby range at his disposal.
I have a number of Skaledale and Bachmann Scenecraft items all bought at cheap prices either as sale / clearance stock or second hand, and not necessarily used as intended - the central structure of the "Terminus Station" (R8713), which is based on Rye station, is a dignified house of local importance.

Slightly damaged second hand items can be found at toy fairs / exhibitions at very low prices yet are generally easily repairable adding character to a building or can be used as if being repaired with ladders, workmen etc. I tend to repaint them to some extent to add variety. One of the early Skaledale engine sheds (R8536) was red brick with quite a lot of blue engineering brick details and trim lines. Painting those in matching red brick ( a mixed up set of Vallejo paints) completely changed its appearance.

Now whilst making changes to the layout I notice the rear bargeboard to a garden shed (R8576) has got damaged and looks a bit more like the full size garden shed outside the house!
Mike Parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #12
4VEP
Hornby Collector

4VEP is on a distinguished road

I used 'Dent' station as a school because I didn't have room beside the track. I used 'Rye' without the side offices as a branch line station. I have got quite a lot of second hand buildings, but nowhere to put them.