Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Construction > Wiring & Electronics > Analogue

Old 20-01-2018, 11:23 PM   #41
Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat is an unknown quantity at this point

I will say thank you to those who have helped the original poster with spares etc. You are a blessing! It is good to see such support and kindness.
Mountain Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 11:48 PM   #42
Surrey

Surrey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern View Post
Yes correct. The circular plate is part of the armature. With the brushes out can you see if it turns when you rotate the wheels by hand. if so then it's got to be the armature. PM me if you need a armature and bushes springs . May have a spare motor some where will look.
It definitely turns freely if you turn the wheels or the gears so I'm guessing either the armature itself or something with the brushes. If you have got any redundant spares of either that you really don't need that would be really kind of you.

Not been able to PM you, sorry - I get the following error "southern has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
Surrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 03:12 PM   #43
southern
BR Blue

southern is on a distinguished road

OK think it's working now. I will send you 2 sets of brushes/2 spare springs/ armature / . Will see what else is in the spares box. I will post them monday.
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #44
Surrey

Quote:
OK think it's working now. I will send you 2 sets of brushes/2 spare springs/ armature / . Will see what else is in the spares box. I will post them monday.
Wow - thanks, that's really kind of you. I'm working away next week until Thursday so I'll hopefully post an update then.
Old 21-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #45
southern
BR Blue

southern is on a distinguished road

Check the traction tyres as well as they split . There are 2 on the front bogie both on the same side. If you need new ones then you will have to get Hornby one's. I don't have that problem as i have changed all the wheels and done away with them.
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 04:13 PM   #46
Surrey

Quote:
Check the traction tyres as well as they split . There are 2 on the front bogie both on the same side. If you need new ones then you will have to get Hornby one's. I don't have that problem as i have changed all the wheels and done away with them.
Thanks - they look to be ok so far so fingers crossed