Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Social & Other Chat > Model Railway Events

Model Railway Events Exhibitions etc

Old 26-07-2017, 05:45 AM   #11
AviatorAtHeart
Don't ask, I don't know!

AviatorAtHeart is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I tried to reply on my account page but the message was too long!

Hi Paul.
Yes I had a very nice time thank you!
The first chap you introduced me to? John or jim...... I was very inspired by that layout, moreso behind the scene than anything else, so much in fact I considerably changed my drawing for the bampton layout behind the scenes to include sidings.....had I not have seen that layout I would just have a basic return loop at each end! Worth the visit for that tiny snippet of inspiration! That particular layout was very well researched! Even from a basic modelling perspective.

I never caught the guys name but he hails from the north and was on the oo? Layout in the second area, it was good chatting with him. I spent a good while on that layout, loads of little elements (cameos) that made it interesting beyond the rails!

The star of the show must've been pat, not sure how it happened but I just said hello to a random, (pat) and ended up in conversation for ages about modelling everything mostly aviation.......honestly the day would've been worth it just for our chat!
(If you can, tell him revell do a canadair, it's the old heller mould but it might be what he was looking for......see britmodeller for reviews) cheers!
Although it wasn't a big show, I still absorbed loads of information.
The O layout was incredible, the joint effort N module in the middle was quite interesting, what can be done in a small space.......
It was good to see the difference between c80 & c55 track on Carlisle and the modular N. (I didn't think it was painfully obvious, but that's the untrained eye for you!)
And apart from baby adding some drool to the light fitting on the modular layout, everything went well! (I explained why I was pawing the light fitting to the operator and he laughed, I'm still sure you don't want added drool!) I took a few nice pictures of some layouts.
So cheers for inviting me.....well worth the nothing you charged for entry!

Oh I mustn't forget! The guy in the car park.....we had several mini discussions about all sorts! I retired here for a smoke a few times..........again mostly aviation stuff but good general chatter nonetheless........

Being a novice, and never having gone to a modelling show of any kind;
Another room full of friendly folk!
As far as model rail exhibitions go, that's 2 out of 2 so far for a good time!
I think that covers everything save imagery! So when I get the time I'll add a few of my favourite shots. Once again baby dictates my day but she was well behaved as usual, she had a good time exploring stuff.....just happened to be muddy puddles and concrete door steps but hey, she was really interested in them!

Top job! well done.

You can only drink so much lemonade
AviatorAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #12
AviatorAtHeart
Don't ask, I don't know!

AviatorAtHeart is on a distinguished road

Pictures at last!
First up Addison road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (743.2 KB, 4 views)

You can only drink so much lemonade
AviatorAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote