Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Social & Other Chat > General Chat

General Chat Chat here with other members.

Old 13-01-2018, 07:54 PM   #21
Little Clare

Little Clare is on a distinguished road

A Mallard with TTS sound 😍, but I've only had it out the box 20 mins and it don't work, sounds like the speakers are muffled ?blown ?. Took it back the shop and it's been returned to me, still the same 😔, so i returned it again and its due back tomorrow and I'm dreading it as I know in my heart it's not fixed 😥. If I can't get any joy with my product does anyone know where I stand legally with a refund ?
Little Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #22
dtb
9C Macclesfield

dtb is on a distinguished road

I suggest if you are collecting it from the shop better get them to test while you are there before you leave with it. If is still doesn't work they may want you to choose another loco, though if you don't want to you should be entitled to a full refund.

I had 2 TTS King class loco's that didn't work either, I just had a replacement Stanier Mogul instead.

Let us know how you get on
Old 13-01-2018, 10:47 PM   #23
Little Clare

Thanks for reply, I think he's going to drop it at my parents house as I've already drove to the shop several times with it which is about 30 plus mile round trip, he lives near my parents. I fear its just had the volume reduced and it's still crackly, I'm devastated to say the least I was so excited Xmas morning and disappointed to be back n forth with a broken gift, it seems from the Hornby forum they're a little problematic, but I'm tired of the hassle now. He's offered me a speaker upgrade for more money, but I've not used it yet 😔. It's a dcc ready and he has fitted the chip does this affect my refund too ?. All purchased and fitted by them.
Old 13-01-2018, 11:57 PM   #24
dtb
9C Macclesfield

Yes it is horrible when this happens especially at Xmas and travelling several times to the shop is a pain as well. If he has had it back several times I think you need to ask for a full refund.
Failing that if you decide to keep it don't leave the shop until you know it has been fixed to your satisfaction.

The Consumer Rights Act is what you need to read I think. In short if the retailer fails to repair the faulty item within reasonable time again to your satisfaction then a refund can be sought.

see link
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...faulty-product

hope this helps

Last edited by dtb; 14-01-2018 at 12:04 AM.
dtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 12:23 AM   #25
Mr Bones
Privateer

Mr Bones is on a distinguished road

Might also be worth talking to Hornby. Make them aware that the seller keeps fobbing you off.
Old 14-01-2018, 06:19 PM   #26
Little Clare

Default Refund info

Thank you dtp for your download on refunds, from that I gather I've been very generous with the time and patience I've given the shop to fix my item. So if it's still not right I will exercise my right to a full refund now and find another supplier. I just wanted to support the local shops but it turns out I'm the disappointed party in this instance. Your support on this site is most appreciated as it's sometimes difficult to ask someone to do the right thing, but having my rights pointed out makes me braver to pursue it. Many thanks folks x
Old 14-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #27
Flashbang
Administrator

Flashbang will become famous soon enough

For Christmas... Two Walnuts an Orange and 20p

TTS are not the best sound systems, their low price has to be considered. TTS is around a third of the price of a 'quality' sound decoder such as LokSound or Zimo etc so you get what you pay for. Speaker size and quality can well cause poor sound too.

That said they should still perform correctly.
Get your money back if its not performing as expected.
Old 15-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #28
Little Clare

It's back but not tested yet cause it's at my Mum n Dads, he said it's fixed and if it's not right I'm hard to please 😳, he said the speaker was on full he's turned it down now, which must have been left on by them cause I don't know how the volume works yet(not had it long enough). He said the technical guy had fiddled with the speaker and its fine now!. Well I hope so but I'm worried it's just turned down and left with the dodgy speakers, but miracles do happen and I hope it is right, I'm so looking forward to actually running it and using some of the sound features 😍Thanks for the ongoing advice n support folks x
Old 15-01-2018, 06:49 PM   #29
dtb
9C Macclesfield

Clare, possibly a bad connection maybe, anyway good news let's hope you will be smiling when you get it back to check it thoroughly, and also hopefully this is an end to your problems.

Don't forget to keep us posted again

Best wishes
Old 15-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #30
Little Clare

Thanks dtp certainly will let u know, I'm kinda dreading checking it, which is sad it shouldn't be like this, but I'm hopeful, will be one happy little Clare if it's done x

Last edited by Little Clare; 15-01-2018 at 07:15 PM.