Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Advertisers Area > Model Railway Books

Model Railway Books Books currently available to help the railway modeller.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-11-2016, 10:59 PM   #1
Mountain Goat
Unique Member.

Mountain Goat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Living Model Railway.

While I do not know if the book is still in print or not (Mine is a second edition from 2002 so is nearly new), I find this book fascinating.
I think I bought this book with others secondhand and had put it aside. It was a book I'd glanced over and not really read. When I wanted to downsize my book collection it was one of the books I was going to take t the recycling book charity but I thought I'd better read the books again before I would send them. I can't have read this one much as wow! What a book!
I probably didn't read it as I was a 00 gauge modeller and this was a book about an 0 gauge railway. While I don't want to give too much away about this book for those who may want to read it, I will say this book had really inspired me! The railway was designed for operation and built over many years. Also the writer goes into a few other model railways of interest to further the concept.
The model railway, though not super detailed or super scenic, has a far more realistic "Railway feel" to it.
I'm sure most who go past the first few pages and pictures, and actually read it will find it a riviting and worthwhile read even if ones scale and gauge may not be the same.
Mountain Goat is offline   Reply With Quote