philpos

philpos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingthedog View Post
If we are, our dad could at least have given us different Christian names
He did, B1 and B2!

Bananas in Pyjamas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_bananas_main2-300x0.jpg (56.2 KB, 11 views)
philpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #22
RogerB

RogerB is on a distinguished road

I'd heard small children singing the song - but had no idea they were real (FB & WTD I mean ). R-
Old 12-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #23
Walkingthedog
Part time idiot

Walkingthedog is on a distinguished road

Our dad took that picture on one of our birthdays.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #24
RogerB

RogerB is on a distinguished road

How sweet - twin bananas!
Old 14-02-2014, 12:01 AM   #25
mikkel

mikkel is on a distinguished road

Thank you Friends for so many replies, but I honestly never expected so many. I hold a CRB Certificate, but through Riding for the Disabled Association, or RDA to us volunteers, and paid for my check, rather than leave it to RDA to pay out of their funds.

I am pleased to say, a mention we are looking for more members both old and young was mentioned in one local paper, and I am very grateful to them for it.

On Monday night of this week, only One member was of working age, while the rest attending, including myself, were all Pensioners.

Thank you again.
Old 17-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #26
Birdy
Trainee Idiot

Birdy is on a distinguished road

I would agree with Flashbangs age summary
However cost is a good point, our local club is £50 a year each and then weekly tea change etc, thats a lot of money i can spend on bits and bobs!

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” - Terry Pratchett
Birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #27
mikkel

mikkel is on a distinguished road

Wisbech MRC is currently £100 per year due to the rent we pay, and just this week again, just 6 0f us attended, but we have the possibility of a new place that we are looking at, subject to rent required, and this will be on ground floor if we get/take it. Tea/coffee and biscuits are just 20p per week if wanted.

If we can get a lower rent, then we can lower our membership costs, which I would like to do. Regarding younger members joining, as one member said last week: "It seems to me, kids are only interested in playing console games and killing people.".

We had an article in local press last week, and now awaiting any new applicants, but know if we do move to ground floor, 3 ex-members will return on the first night. They can't get up the stairs where we currently meet.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #28
Ensign Elliott

Ensign Elliott is on a distinguished road

I'm pleased to say that at Lichfield MRS, we have a good group of regular younger members. Our meeting nights are Tuesdays and Thursday 7pm - 10pm ish and we reguarly get 5 under 16s over the two evenings, and that seems to be increasing as they bring friends along. It does help that most of them have parents who attend, though there are some that don't. Although the bulk of our thirty odd members are over 50s, our chairman and treasurer are both in their mid 20s.

We have found that if you can get a couple of younger members to attend reguarly, then that will attract other young people to join.

We are lucky in that our rent is very low so an annual family membership is £30.
Old 29-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #29
Davew1986

Davew1986 is on a distinguished road

I would love to join a MR club and I'm 27, unfortunately with a large, young family I haven't the time, I'll find it hard finding time with my railway at home let alone attending a club
Davew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 12:17 AM   #30
davmil2

davmil2 is on a distinguished road

I'm not a youngster (sadly ! I'm 49). However, I confess to being rather put off the Edinburgh club by the membership fee - some £180 a year. I'm sure that's good value if you are going to turn up very often, but their "associate membership" was still £90 and only allows you to turn up 6 times a year. I can afford it easily, but it just strikes me as being too much ... I'd quite happily pay £50 for a turn up and watch but not touch type membership... Maybe I'm just a cheapskate, but I obviously don't think so !
davmil2 is offline   Reply With Quote