Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Construction > Members layouts

Members layouts Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-03-2018, 08:51 AM   #11
Elvenhome
Junior Member
 
Elvenhome's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 23
Elvenhome is on a distinguished road
Default

This is a link to my latest video after I finally got around to buying a spy pen to give me a track cam that will fit on N Gauge. https://youtu.be/HLKUZb5cBvw

Last edited by Elvenhome; 27-03-2018 at 08:52 AM.
Elvenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #12
Chops
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: El Paso, Texas USA
Posts: 423
Chops is on a distinguished road
Default

Wow, got to see your spy pen video- that is remarkable. My favorite scenes are of
the signal going to red, the lighted passenger carriages, and foremost the train
rumbling through the double slip switch- and so smoothly!

I studied your use of walls, which accentuated the trains and increased the
overall feel of the space. I will be shameless attempting to plagiarize.
__________________
Chops
Chops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 05:07 PM   #13
mijj
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 569
mijj is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks for the video and the camera idea. Both being very enjoyable here. The ingenuity you have used to display an 'N' gauge model does you credit.

That is such a good idea that I have just ordered a spy pen from the same place. What I can't get (nothing new there as I know so little about this hobby) is the under carriage you used to mount it on. I gather it is a Peco? Mine is a OO gauge but the spy pen camera is so small for bridges and such, I can see how useful it must be in highlighting problems with track etc. If you don't consider this a subject for the forum then a PM will be fine.
Jim.
mijj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #14
Elvenhome
Junior Member
 
Elvenhome's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 23
Elvenhome is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chops View Post
Wow, got to see your spy pen video- that is remarkable. My favorite scenes are of
the signal going to red, the lighted passenger carriages, and foremost the train
rumbling through the double slip switch- and so smoothly!

I studied your use of walls, which accentuated the trains and increased the
overall feel of the space. I will be shameless attempting to plagiarize.
Chops you are very welcome to borrow any idea from me. One of the great things about this hobby is the extent to which we all share ideas. I am pleased with the walls. One of my earlier videos (16) shows how I went about building them https://youtu.be/FwzLHBOY4Ho Scroll on to about 12 mins which is where I start talking about the walls. I am pleased with the look of them and it was good to see them up the incline which is not a view I can easily get.
Elvenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 06:37 PM   #15
Elvenhome
Junior Member
 
Elvenhome's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 23
Elvenhome is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijj View Post
Thanks for the video and the camera idea. Both being very enjoyable here. The ingenuity you have used to display an 'N' gauge model does you credit.

That is such a good idea that I have just ordered a spy pen from the same place. What I can't get (nothing new there as I know so little about this hobby) is the under carriage you used to mount it on. I gather it is a Peco? Mine is a OO gauge but the spy pen camera is so small for bridges and such, I can see how useful it must be in highlighting problems with track etc. If you don't consider this a subject for the forum then a PM will be fine.
Jim.
Thanks Jim. I am using two kits in effect. The carriage part is the 15ft bolster wagon kit (KNR-4) with the two upright sections to hold the load removed. The next bit is using only the roof section of the 15ft Grain Wagon (KNR 67). That is the bit that is acting as a cradle for the camera. The kit is only about 5 and I suspect you could use the upturned roof and fit it to any flat bed OO gauge wagon and get similar results. You have to mount the camera forward of the edge of the carriage however, as i discovered, to get the lineside effect. If I can discover how to post an image I will show you the bit that is acting as a cradle.
Elvenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #16
Elvenhome
Junior Member
 
Elvenhome's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 23
Elvenhome is on a distinguished road
Default

As it is from the box

The roof, body and two other bits (no idea what they are!)

The roof as it should be

The roof as I used it
Elvenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #17
mijj
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 569
mijj is on a distinguished road
Default

It is the flatbed bit that I needed so thanks for that part. I am getting things in advance of the time I can put them into operation but that is the way I work. You have done well with the 'N' gauge so I will be keeping an eye out for it in the future - not that much escapes me, even if it passes understanding .
Jim.
mijj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 08:23 PM   #18
Elvenhome
Junior Member
 
Elvenhome's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 23
Elvenhome is on a distinguished road
Default

Time for the latest video as I start scenic work outside the Church. There are also trains running at regular intervals. https://youtu.be/YYJcmNRkZkU
Elvenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #19
mijj
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 569
mijj is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks for the video Stephen, it goes down well here. I am an image junky .

I have got the pen but I am unsure if it's the same as yours. It was a slightly different price (24.99) and it is proving too difficult to remove the insides. The chrome ring/band is too tight and does not want to move. The first thing is to check it is the same pen. it is a:-

Hidden Camera Spy Pen Camera 1080p Real HD Spy Cover lens Pen Cam, Free 16GB Micro SD built-in and Micro SD Reader & 5 ink Fills Inc, Voice and Image Executive Multi-function DVR

My second option would be to use a pliers That may damage the thing.

It also came with a Micro USB 2 stick (isn't that out of date now) but no instructions for its use. I'd use the cable any way the same way as I do with my still camera. I hope there is a photo below but you will have to magnify it to see it as a close photo proved to fuzzy.
Jim.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spy pen top removed.jpg (92.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg USB device.jpg (102.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by mijj; 17-04-2018 at 01:57 PM.
mijj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 04:21 PM   #20
Elvenhome
Junior Member
 
Elvenhome's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 23
Elvenhome is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijj View Post
Thanks for the video Stephen, it goes down well here. I am an image junky .

I have got the pen but I am unsure if it's the same as yours. It was a slightly different price (24.99) and it is proving too difficult to remove the insides. The chrome ring/band is too tight and does not want to move. The first thing is to check it is the same pen. it is a:-

Hidden Camera Spy Pen Camera 1080p Real HD Spy Cover lens Pen Cam, Free 16GB Micro SD built-in and Micro SD Reader & 5 ink Fills Inc, Voice and Image Executive Multi-function DVR

My second option would be to use a pliers That may damage the thing.

It also came with a Micro USB 2 stick (isn't that out of date now) but no instructions for its use. I'd use the cable any way the same way as I do with my still camera. I hope there is a photo below but you will have to magnify it to see it as a close photo proved to fuzzy.
Jim.
Hi Jim I am pretty sure it is the same pen. I had a look at mine. I unscrewed the top including the silver collar that is left in your pen. I discovered looking at mine that indeed the very top of the pen also screws off the silver collar to release a spring and the button in the top of the pen. I think you will find that the collar is only finger tight. The link should take you to a picture of the relevant bits of the top of my pen.

http://www.modelrailwayforum.co.uk/a...pictureid=1489

Last edited by Elvenhome; 17-04-2018 at 04:28 PM.
Elvenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.