Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Construction > Members layouts

Members layouts Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects

Old 06-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #21
Flashbang
Administrator

Flashbang will become famous soon enough

Copydex or any Latex type of carpet glue would be my choice. OK its not instant grab, but the track can be easily lifted later if ever needed. You would have to place weights on top of the track while the glue sets. Long piece of timber with paint tins etc on top is one way.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #22
Ginger The Hutt
The Token Ginger

Ginger The Hutt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
Copydex or any Latex type of carpet glue would be my choice. OK its not instant grab, but the track can be easily lifted later if ever needed. You would have to place weights on top of the track while the glue sets. Long piece of timber with paint tins etc on top is one way.
Ooo. That's a good train of thought. I like it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 07-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #23
Ginger The Hutt
The Token Ginger

So it's been a while since I last posted.

Time to share a few updates. As a catch up, when I last posted the incline on the one side was pretty much in place.

Progress has been considerably slower than I would have liked. Financially and time expensive things have gotten in the way, holidays (where I finally managed to acquire the NS double decker train I have been dreaming of for the last few years), cars (suddenly and somewhat unexpectedly requiring 4 new tyres), finishing off the decorating in the lounge. You know how it goes, start one thing, find 5 others that need doing before the initial easy 20minute job can be completed. Anyway, enough of life gripes! Back to the project:

This first picture shows the main board being fixed into place. Most of this board will eventually be scenic'd up for the railway.
Picture link.

Picture two shows the gaming table / work bench combo. The roof skylight is directly above the corner to the centre right. I specially strengthened the support for the board, so I can use it as a step up to open the skylight and access the roof if needs be.
Picture link.

The third image, shows the gaming table / work bench from the other side. It's the nearest corner to the camera which is under the skylight.
Picture link.

I don't have any more pictures showing much progress, however, there has been considerably more achieved. I shall take some pictures this evening and get them posted up for your perusal.

The entire lower section board along the back wall has been completed. This means about 50% of the total board is in place. Leaving the left side and higher level board to be put into place.

The left side board should be pretty easy to sort out. It's another couple of cabinets and a partial wood frame. It's pretty much entirely planned out in my mind. I can't see any major obstacles to cross currently. I guess they'll make themselves apparent once I actually start building it.

The top and final board is held up due to the lower level tracks having to go into place before I can make a start on the top. I haven't started on these yet, as I've not gotten around to acquiring the points yet. To be honest my final thoughts for the lower section have not been decided yet, so it's a way off being completed.

Last edited by Ginger The Hutt; 11-09-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Ginger The Hutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #24
Ginger The Hutt
The Token Ginger

Finally to the all important things: The new choo choo!

Edit: Image removed. I need to start a new rolling stock album...

It's a NS train (Netherlands to the less knowledgeable amongst us), It's Dutch down the side, it was a national campaign to promote reading, so it says something akin to 'Do you have a good read on the train?'

Here's what the whole train looks like:
Edit: Image removed. See above.

And I hope this works, here is the thing going around my F.I.L's layout:

Last edited by Ginger The Hutt; 30-08-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #25
johnsmithuk

johnsmithuk is on a distinguished road

Looks good, now needs running on your layout.

Is the height of the double decker the same as the rest of your stock?
johnsmithuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:48 AM   #26
Ginger The Hutt
The Token Ginger

I can see it's time to change how I link photos to you: Hopefully this new way although a bit more clicking for you, is no longer breaking Photobuckets ToS.

This first picture is of the back right corner. It shows the beginning of the lower level track in it's planning stages.

This second picture shows the other end of the lower section. along with the transition to the higher level track.

Finally, this picture shows the last bit of work so far.

Outstanding, there is two more cupboards to go into place, a little bit of frame building for a 1.5m long lowered section and that'll be the majority of the main baseboard done! *excited*

Last edited by Ginger The Hutt; 11-09-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:33 AM   #27
Tinker
Motive Power Supervisor

Tinker is on a distinguished road

I get Photobucket " Please update your hosting for 3rd party " message,,,why not load them straight from you PC...they upload....
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:48 AM   #28
Steve M
Contrarian

Steve M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
I get Photobucket " Please update your hosting for 3rd party " message,,,why not load them straight from you PC...they upload....
Photobucket was recommended as it gave us large high resolution photos, which adding photos via the forum tools does not.
It seems the alternatives to PB either don't give the same quality or require a PC and I for one won't be spending my time at a desktop PC.
I'm particularly irritated as I created my two layout threads as a build diary to show the methods used in their evolution - PB's actions have completely ruined the threads. Not only that, if a member is researching a subject on an old thread and they have had the pictures wiped, how are they going to feel?
And if they are not aware of the PB change will they (incorrectly) loose faith in the forum?
Old 09-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #29
Tinker
Motive Power Supervisor

Tinker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
Photobucket was recommended as it gave us large high resolution photos, which adding photos via the forum tools does not.
It seems the alternatives to PB either don't give the same quality or require a PC and I for one won't be spending my time at a desktop PC.
I'm particularly irritated as I created my two layout threads as a build diary to show the methods used in their evolution - PB's actions have completely ruined the threads. Not only that, if a member is researching a subject on an old thread and they have had the pictures wiped, how are they going to feel?
And if they are not aware of the PB change will they (incorrectly) loose faith in the forum?
There's going to have to be a compromise between picture quality and size or pay the money PB want not something i would do, my picture are taken with a mobile phone (Samsung Note 4) and reduced in MS Paint to 30 then put on this Forum its not high quality but its shows enough detail....this is a photo taken as described above.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg control panel30b.jpg (589.8 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by Tinker; 09-07-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #30
Footplate1947
Eternal Optimist

Footplate1947 is on a distinguished road

What a shame Ginger.
All that work and time posting all those nice pictures of your work and it is all down the pan because of phot buckets greed. Their actions seem to have kicked up one hell of a stink around the world though.
It is like steeling peoples pictures in a way.
John

Last edited by Footplate1947; 09-07-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Footplate1947 is offline   Reply With Quote