Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Social & Other Chat > Clubs & Societies

Clubs & Societies Model railway club news

Old 30-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #11
RogerB

RogerB is on a distinguished road

My layout will look that good one of these days (some hope). Good to hear that one of them took 10 years from design to exhibiting, I've got another 8 to go then. Thanks for posting, very nice video. R-
Old 03-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #12
Steve W

Steve W is on a distinguished road

"Good to hear that one of them took 10 years from design to exhibiting, I've got another 8 to go then

It wasn't so 'much designed' as 'evolved' and evolution takes a long time!
The reality is more mundane - frequent overseas work commitments, build a 45ft FN3 layout (with three others), lots of TDMRC commitments and real life getting in the way. I expected to do it five years ago when I retired, but that's when all the jobs that have been delayed in the previous thirty years magically came to the top of the pile.

The simple way to 'complete' a layout is to give an exhibition organiser a fixed date. Worked for me, but I'm still clearing out the conservatory of all the bits I've used in the month before the show and the wife complains of stray static grass fibers over every surface. I'm confined to my workshop now.

Still lots to be done but, as I said above, evolution is a slow process.
Thanks for the kind comments on the layouts.

Cheers
Steve W
Bold Beaver Mines Rly.
Steve W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 08:06 AM   #13
TEAM YAKIMA

TEAM YAKIMA is on a distinguished road

It's 2016 and Twickenham & District MRC is looking forward to a year full of the promise of progress in all popular scales/gauges....

1. O gauge - our Addison Road project will attend it's first exhibition - READING on May 7th

2. OO gauge - our 'common OO/HO fiddle yard' will be completed allowing us to build a variety of scenic fronts in 16.5mm gauge.

3. OO gauge - the first scenic front for the common fiddle yard - Twickenham Junction - will be running in 2016

4. N gauge - plans are being prepared to start a new N gauge layout to replace BATTY MOOR which remains available for exhibitions.

5. D&E modelling - a group is being put together to prepare plans for TDMRC's first D&E layout (that's Modern Image to you!) in OO to fit our common fiddle yard.

6. Last, but not least, our small G scale group will be starting a new minimum space 'shunting puzzle' layout which will easily fit in a couple of cars to visit local shows.

All together a very positive start to 2016! Why not come down one Friday night to see us? Or visit our website www.tdmrc.org.uk
TEAM YAKIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 07:44 PM   #14
TEAM YAKIMA

TDMRC are holding an Open Day on July 23rd (10am to 4.30pm)

The emphasis this year is OO & N modelling

Here is a promotional video.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIw0BRN0_Js
Old 15-07-2016, 10:30 PM   #15
TEAM YAKIMA

Just 7 days to go before our Open Day on July 23rd!

Hope we see you there!
Old 13-02-2017, 11:04 PM   #16
TEAM YAKIMA

Twickenham & District MRC have taken a great leap of faith and started a brand new OO gauge post-privatisation D&E layout.

The club has decided that it wants to pro-actively attract D&E modellers and so has started a D&E layout in order to do just that!

Live in the SW of Greater London? Like D&E modelling? Come down any Friday and see us or visit our website www.tdmrc.org.uk
Old 13-02-2017, 11:20 PM   #17
Walkingthedog
Part time idiot

Walkingthedog is on a distinguished road

Sorry to appear dimmer than usual but what is D&E. When I go to the web site it constanly refreshes going from large to small to large etc.
Old 13-02-2017, 11:28 PM   #18
TEAM YAKIMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingthedog View Post
Sorry to appear dimmer than usual but what is D&E. When I go to the web site it constanly refreshes going from large to small to large etc.

Firstly, D&E stands for Diesel & Electric. That'sthe modern term for it, the term we used to use back in the old days - Modern Image - is now old hat and frowned upon.

Secondly, I have just gone onto our website and it was fine - no problems. I'm not the webmaster and so if you or anyone else has problems please email our webmaster via this email address chairman@tdmrc.org.uk
Old 13-02-2017, 11:36 PM   #19
Tinker
Motive Power Supervisor

Tinker is on a distinguished road

Web site worked for me....
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 12:31 AM   #20
platelayer

platelayer is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=TEAM YAKIMA;123726]Firstly, D&E stands for Diesel & Electric. That'sthe modern term for it, the term we used to use back in the old days - Modern Image - is now old hat and frowned upon.

I like enjoy being old fashioned and not one of the flock!