Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Construction > Location location location

Location location location Where can I keep my model railway?

Old 21-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #121
Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky is on a distinguished road
Talking The're finished

Well almost! Monday saw the last of the drainage connected and all the walkways finished. Unfortunately Monday round here was rather wet and miserable so some pointing was left as it would simply wash out likewise some minor patching in of concrete. I think they are due back Saturday to complete, in the meantime all the equipment has been moved off site just the chemical loo to be collected by the hire company although SWAMBO wants to retain it then she can move a bed in the railway room for me. I think she is trying to tell me something?

Today was spent jet washing down things clearing away excess sand and due to the rather open aspect SWAMBO feels a little vulnerable so I have erected some security fencing.

So until the garage arrives that's it for now, Chrimbo cannot come soon enough! So for now I will park up this thread and resurrect it when further developments occur. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all contributors to the thread and especially all the encouragement and good wishes I received. I hope for all who followed the thread you found it both entertaining and educational and offering an insight of what's involved in a project like this.

Regards to all
Richard

Last edited by Tricky Dicky; 21-11-2017 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Missing words
Tricky Dicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 10:05 PM   #122
mijj

mijj is on a distinguished road

As an avid reader and follower of your thread I'd just like to say thanks for showing how you did it. And all the pictures - wow - it made it so easy to see what was done. Here's to a good Christmas and the successful continuation in the new year.
Jim
mijj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 11:19 PM   #123
Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat is an unknown quantity at this point

It will be good when you finally get your new garage. Has certainly been a grand project there!
It is well worth it though, as though the old sheds really looked nice, nothing lasts forever and you will end up with something really good and should you ever need to sell the house the attraction of a garage and shed is much more appealing then a house without it. I've been looking on the internet and elsewhere at houses (And house prices) over quite some time and outbuildings be it a garage or other similar buildings are something which I feel are just as important as the house. It is like buying a car without a boot to carry things. Nice for a day out on a racetrack, but useless for everyday use!
Mountain Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #124
Teedoubleudee

Teedoubleudee is on a distinguished road

Richard, saw this in a local shop window this morning and thought of you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171201_103616.jpg (571.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #125
Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teedoubleudee View Post
Richard, saw this in a local shop window this morning and thought of you
Thanks Terry, I must say I have not been doing well with suggestions so far. The only one that is definitely out is Money Pit. I don't want to put the frightners on SWAMBO.

Richard
Tricky Dicky is offline   Reply With Quote