Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Specific Gauge Topics > O, G & other large scales

O, G & other large scales Large scale model railway topics

Old 26-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #1
Panniertank

Panniertank is on a distinguished road
Default Dapol O gauge 57xx Weathered and Sound Added

I was very impressed with the new Dapol 57xx when mine first arrived, she is an awful lot of engine for the money. A two year warranty too. In fact, I was so impressed, I decided to build an O gauge lay out for her to run on.

She is now weathered and tooled up. Fireman in place and Youchoos sound fitted (I will add a video later).
I am still awaiting a driver for her, he is on order and I have yet to add the chins for her whistles but other than that she is all ready.

Last edited by Panniertank; 26-04-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Panniertank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 11:49 AM   #2
Panniertank

Last edited by Panniertank; 26-04-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Panniertank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 12:33 PM   #3
whizzo

whizzo is on a distinguished road

HI Panniertank , they both look very nice love the weathering + the crew man , mine in green, came yesterday as you say very good for the money - I am also looking at ideas for a branch line layout --have looked at watlington, station, wallingford + tetbury - but the space -required ///??? have you reached -any ideas that you might ,share I have worked out a sector plate - just out of site ,saves space , points and money- but not very pro typical - so possibly a gwr type make up layout -- but not sure // regards Dave
whizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 12:52 PM   #4
Panniertank

Thank you Dave.

I am going to be building two lay outs in O gauge, one for myself and the other is a joint venture between myself and another forum member.

My own is a simple Inglenook type on an 8'x2' board which will fit in my Train Room #1 along side my OO layout. Two points required so cost in track for this one is around 130. Board was 20.

I will be running the loco and 8 wagons, cost around the 525 mark but these can be used on both lay outs.

I am using my power cab for all three of the lay outs, my oo Kingswood, O Shelby Wood Sidings (Inglenook) and the larger O gauge lay out which is to be 11' by 4' plus L shape runs offs at around 6' each. We have not decided on what this lay out will be yet but it will have both passenger and goods.

John
Old 26-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
whizzo

whizzo is on a distinguished road

Hi again John , I was going to ask where the tools came from (sorry who makes them ) going back to the layout -- I have been looking at the loft, which would give me 28ft x 3ft - so had thought about a sector plate about 5 ft to turn the stock round out of a tunnel ,over a arch bridge -into the station -- but at the moment - lost on the station /// regards dave
whizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 07:58 PM   #6
Panniertank

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzo View Post
Hi again John , I was going to ask where the tools came from (sorry who makes them ) going back to the layout -- I have been looking at the loft, which would give me 28ft x 3ft - so had thought about a sector plate about 5 ft to turn the stock round out of a tunnel ,over a arch bridge -into the station -- but at the moment - lost on the station /// regards dave
Tools came from Gauge Master web site, they still have them in stock. Your plans for the lay out sound awesome!